• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks cutting

Stuatbell

Hi I have 2 Roland machines a XR pro 4 print and cut and a XF pro4 print machine.
I want to be able to print from the XF. Laminate then put in the XR to cut,
Is this possible, I have both the machines in my versa works and am running them all day but would like to have the option to increase the printing time ready to cut.
thanks
stu

Attila Nagy

Can print the registration marks and cut it on any supported Roland Cutter, or hybrid printer. Most of the time no issues reading the registration under the laminate foil.

Stuatbell

Can print the registration marks and cut it on any supported Roland Cutter, or hybrid printer. Most of the time no issues reading the registration under the laminate foil.
How ? Tried dropping the file from xf to xr and comes up with an unsuported error, can print the cut marks etc, but need the created multi tiled cuts from one cue to another. Used to be able to do it with Wasatch

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Try sending the file to both printers, then set the XF to print only and the XR to cut only. You can do this under Cut Controls in VersaWorks.

Stuatbell

Spoke to Roland technician today, he confirmed that it’s can’t be done, would need to lay it out exactly the same on the xr as the xf same page size etc, files can’t drag across from one machine to another, or just choose cut on the xr, thats a shame the only solution would be to get a Roland cutter, we have a perfectly large Graphtec that never lets us down, maybe Roland could come up with a solution on the next up grade version, as I said our other machines had all these options using Wasatch, upgrading machines can sometime set you back!

Attila Nagy

You might want to use a real cutter, and Rip and Print only from VersaWorks. The registration marks needs to set in your cutting software.
Graphtec or Summa can have barcode as well. no need to touch computer after prints loaded to the cutter. What Cutter do you have?

Attila Nagy

Cutting Master4 can create registration in Illustrator. after Printed send the Cutline layer to the Graphtec cutter directly from illustrator
That would be the real speed up