• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Dual ripping but not printing

Ymmit

Roland VG540, Windows 10, Versaworks Dual

Hi all,
So our broad band was upgraded today and Versaworks is upset. It's ripping but not printing. I have changed the IP address to suit the new router. VW says printer is connected..can see ink levels, firmware etc...but after ripping the print status just hangs at 0% for around 20 seconds, then disappears. I have also tried printing the VW's test print file..same thing happens.

I have switched everything off & on, initialised application but it's still the same. I rang my Roland guy but he seemed quite perplexed and suggests it's a networking issue. Logged into the new router and the printer shows up as being connected but it is greyed out(see bottom right icon in pic). Not sure if that means anything.

I did have a similar problem when setting up our old XC540 with windows 10..some network protocol that had to changed but cannot for the life of me remember what it was or where I found the info.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim

Attachments

• Router Devices.jpg
    Router Devices.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

cybernalin

First of all you need to check the cables
if it loosen on any end this could be happens
did you try turning off firewall
also try disconnecting printer power cable and
press the power button about 3 times and then restart the printer

Ymmit

I had already checked/done all of that but thanks for the reply.

It's fixed now anyway. Was an IP address issue.

RISEgraphics

Same thing was happening to me recently. The trick that helped me was closing Versaworks, turning off the main then sub power to printer, shut down the computer, restart the computer after about 10 seconds, turn the power back on to the printer and reload Versaworks.

Once I did all that, I reloaded the same file into the queue and voila.