• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Dual vs. 6

Gene@mpls

I have a new RF640 and GR 540 [limited room] sitting here in the shop waiting for a new computer to show up. The RF has a Dual disc and I still have not read how the V5, Dual and V6 programs really differ. I understand Dual and V6 are newer and I need at least that. I intend to get everything working before we switch out the old hardware. Any clarity would be great. Thanks Gene

Spiderx1

I have a new RF640 and GR 540 [limited room] sitting here in the shop waiting for a new computer to show up. The RF has a Dual disc and I still have not read how the V5, Dual and V6 programs really differ. I understand Dual and V6 are newer and I need at least that. I intend to get everything working before we switch out the old hardware. Any clarity would be great. Thanks Gene
Dual does pretty much everything that VW6 does, except it is a 32 bit client of the 64 bit operating system, so not true 64bit. VW6 is 64 bit. But for me has many bugs and crashes often, does not retain profiles added, etc. So for now I would use Dual. You can load both on your computer but you can only run one at a time. Either Dual or VW6 but not both. So Close one. VW6 has great potential just really was not ready for release. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Roland and they could not get it to function either.