• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks .eps file Scaling??

Adam Bennett

Anyone every have an issue with Versaworks scaling UP artwork from CorelDraw?

We just bought a Roland LEF20, and we're working on making the jigs to hold our parts today. I'm noticing when I import our .eps files, the size is ever-so-slightly larger than what it was in Corel (<1%)

Same result with .pdf file

Any thoughts?

graphicwarning

It's most likely the "EPS Margin" setting. If you go to your queue settings, and the File Format tab on the left, there will be a number in your "EPS Margin" setting. Whatever is in here, it will add to the dimensions when imported... but the actual size of the imported file is correct.

Have a look at that... that might be it.

synergy_jim

its the eps margins like he said. You can set it to zero, but it will cause problems with cropping cut paths if you do.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
X2, and cropped cut paths are very frustrating. Most of the time, that >1% is never even noticed anyway.

Adam Bennett

It's most likely the "EPS Margin" setting. If you go to your queue settings, and the File Format tab on the left, there will be a number in your "EPS Margin" setting. Whatever is in here, it will add to the dimensions when imported... but the actual size of the imported file is correct.

Have a look at that... that might be it.

Checked the .eps margin settings and they're already set to zero...

Any other ideas?

graphicwarning

Just out of curiosity, is the actual output incorrect, or just the "dimension" it's telling you in Versaworks?

If you draw a 1"x1" square in Corel, export the EPS, and print it... is it 1"x1"... or a different size?

shoresigns

We use EPS/PDF files from Illustrator and Versaworks usually shows a 24"x24" file to be 23.9"x23.9" or something like that, but the print comes out correct. I think what you're experiencing is just an issue with how Versaworks rounds the numbers that it displays for the dimensions of the file - it doesn't affect the print.

There is however, as mentioned by others, an issue where Versaworks crops about .01" off two sides of the print, which only causes issues if you have a cutting line at the very edge of the file (or a very thin printed border).

Adam Bennett

It is effecting our output sizing. Thats how we noticed it :)

The same vector data was used to cut the jig on our laser as was used to prepare the print files, but the files didn't fit the jig...

I'll let you guys know what we come up with for a fix :)

Adam Bennett

Well, we hit a snag. Our LEF-20 had a fatal error and has to be shipped back to Japan for their forensics team to evaluate.

Replacement machine is on the way- and a plus side; we get to pick the technicians brain about the scaling issues, and all sorts of other things we didn't think (or know) to ask the first go-round.

I'll update this thread if we get the issue sorted, just in case anyone else ever runs into this with their workflow

Chiltern

Hi Adam,

Did you ever get the scaling issue sorted? I've just hit in to the same problem to looking to see if there are any resolutions out there...

Many thanks, Joel.