• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks "File is corrupted" over and over

sheitmar

At my wit's end on this one. Hope someone has some insight. I've been through all the threads pertaining to this issue but none of the suggestions seemed to work for us!

Computer is running Windows 7 Pro - 64bit. About 70gb free on drive.
Versaworks 5.5.1
Printer - XR-640

This started happening out of the blue - all files regardless of extension throw out a "File is corrupted" error. Including old files that used to work. I've been able to fix this on another computer simply by initializing the program and deleting some temp folders, but this did not work. Uninstalling, removing any remaining folders pertaining to Versaworks, re-installing, running as administrator, initializing again, none of these worked.

The XR-640 does also work with Versaworks Dual so I decided to abandon the original Versaworks that they've been using for years. But believe it or not - the exact same problem occurs on Dual as well - "File is corrupted."

I uninstalled again, tried installing as admin, running as admin, updating..

The fact that both the original VW and Dual giving the exact same error is very suspect. I wonder if there is a Windows conflict, perhaps both programs process or rip files the same way?

Anything else I should be trying?? I've suggested a clean install of Windows or a System Restore Point but I don't know if that's an option - we ran out of time to dig further yesterday.

papabud

Lone Wolf
you said you fixed it on another computer, do you have access to this computer can it load these files.
are the files on a network drive.
is there a network issue is the drive failing
are you missing a temp folder somewhere
do you have a bad profile loaded?
these are just a few of the out of box questions i could think of

ublink9

you need to format windows to correct this problem I also have a pro4 and running 5.51 and dual
you can try to clear both temp folders ( windows temp and user/local/temp) if not working then a format is needed

sheitmar

Issue has been FIXED. Turns out it was the AVG antivirus software was causing a conflict. Had to actually uninstall the program. Disabling it didn't work.

Hope this helps anyone else who may be pulling out their hair!