• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks forcing tiles on prints?

Hello all,
We added a new machine to our fleet(vg3-640), which is wider than our other machines (vg-540). When I send a file over to Versa from flexi or illustrator, versa is forcing a tile on the file even though it the artwork is smaller than my material width after clicking "get media width". For example I have 60" material loaded in the machine and I'm sending a file that is 56" wide, it auto tiles it as if its going to the 54" machines. The only way around this is by going to the tile tab and manually dragging the width over to the area it should be, which most of the time still results in a small portion of the file being printed along the side of the larger print . Please if anyone has any knowledge of a fix let me know, as my Roland tech hasn't found a solution yet.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm not sure this will help with your current situation, however, even if you have a 60" roll loaded, you aren't going to get the area to print 60", as you lose some on the edges depending where your pinch rollers are. I have 30" printers and typically I only have about 26 - 27" of printable area when I load a 30" roll, depending where I place my pinch rollers. If I'm misunderstanding what your saying, maybe some photos may shed some light. (VW display, front on printer showing pinch roller placements, etc.)

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What is the default width? It could be that it's not set high enough, so when you bring file in it thinks it needs to tile it.

I've had this happen a couple times and just went to reset/delete tiles, then increase media width, then let er rip. Manually adjusting tiles like you've noticed can still sometimes keep tiling in place.

What is your available width on the printer with your 60" media loaded? You should be able to get 58.5" or so with pinch rollers set out as much as possible, which should still allow for a 56" file w/ marks.

What is the default width? It could be that it's not set high enough, so when you bring file in it thinks it needs to tile it.

I've had this happen a couple times and just went to reset/delete tiles, then increase media width, then let er rip. Manually adjusting tiles like you've noticed can still sometimes keep tiling in place.

What is your available width on the printer with your 60" media loaded? You should be able to get 58.5" or so with pinch rollers set out as much as possible, which should still allow for a 56" file w/ marks.
default width is set to 58.5, available width is on the machine is 58.9 (with pinch rollers set)

Dale D

Occasionally, I have the same problem. I change the job settings / clip and tile to number of tiles = 1 and it usually goes away for a while.