Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks Freezes/Quits

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by prosigner, May 25, 2013.

1. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Hey everyone,

We are using the newest version of Versaworks and are having troubles with a few picky files, large files, but not over 500mb. They are from Wikipedia so I don't think they are corrupt.

Is there anything I can do about this to address this issue?

Thanks in advance,

prosigner

Tags:
  2. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    As a workaround if it's just these files, could you save them in another format? E.g. If they are jpg you could try to save them as tif or eps or vice versa?

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I only send .eps or .pdf to VW. Large files also get sent between 10 and 25 percent of original size.

4. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Do they really need to be 500mb? How big are they? Tried JPG?

VW will crash, with no or very poor log detail usually due to lack of system resources - sometimes not your fault either... Roland should probably make a 64 bit version sooner or later. Then again... on my newer system which had no shortages anywhere, VW never crashed, whereas my previous computer, which was only standardish, would crash at least every couple of days.

5. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
  6. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Thanks for the advice guys! :)

So far changing the format is working. Yes, I do wish Roland would come out with a 64 bit Versa as our computer has more than enough power to handle this type of stuff. Thanks again fellas!

Best,

prosigner