• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Freezes/Quits

prosigner

Hey everyone,

We are using the newest version of Versaworks and are having troubles with a few picky files, large files, but not over 500mb. They are from Wikipedia so I don't think they are corrupt.

Is there anything I can do about this to address this issue?

Thanks in advance,

prosigner

kanini

As a workaround if it's just these files, could you save them in another format? E.g. If they are jpg you could try to save them as tif or eps or vice versa?

rjssigns

I only send .eps or .pdf to VW. Large files also get sent between 10 and 25 percent of original size.

Custom_Grafx

Do they really need to be 500mb? How big are they? Tried JPG?

VW will crash, with no or very poor log detail usually due to lack of system resources - sometimes not your fault either... Roland should probably make a 64 bit version sooner or later. Then again... on my newer system which had no shortages anywhere, VW never crashed, whereas my previous computer, which was only standardish, would crash at least every couple of days.

prosigner

Thanks for the advice guys! :)

So far changing the format is working. Yes, I do wish Roland would come out with a 64 bit Versa as our computer has more than enough power to handle this type of stuff. Thanks again fellas!

Best,

prosigner