Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaWorks Freezing!

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by duggan, Sep 1, 2011.

1. duggan

duggan Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I am getting so frustrated!
    WHen I load a new job into the queue (no matter how large the file is), and then open it to edit the printing preferences, it almost always seems to freeze when I click "OK". I have to completely close out VersaWorks. Sometimes I can get by with just making one change at a time and clicking "OK" and reopening it! BUt that doesn't always work!
    Any ideas?

2. Ponto

Ponto Active Member

Nov 24, 2008
    ...try reducing the amount of files in your print queues........

JP

3. I've found if you work a little bit slowly with versaworks it is much more stable. IE make your change, wait a few seconds before you change menus or click OK. I used to get incredibly frustrated with it, as it seemed to always freeze on me when i was creating the overlaps for billboards. But if you just wait a couple seconds it seems to work great. (for me anyway)

4. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    +1

I have had it freeze with 50 jobs in the queue or just 2.
    Biggest help was just being a little more patient.

5. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    what os and service pack? I have had different results with different setups.