• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks from multiple computers on a network.

dfelty

Hey guys, I have versaworks installed on 2 computers at my shop. I have 1 computer for designing and another that I use to run my printer. Is it possible to see the same Queue in Versaworks on both computers? What I would like to be able to do is design in flexi on my one computer, and then send it to versaworks. Then I would like to be able to see this job on the computer used to run my printer, automatically. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Have you tried to call roland? Can you just install teamviewer and just monitor the other machine from the one you using?

We only have 1 versaworks installed on 1 pc but our external hdd is shared so i can work on files from both pc and then just send the file to print either manually or using teamviewer.
You can also download it to your android phone so u can check on the print from anywhere

jasonx

Hey guys, I have versaworks installed on 2 computers at my shop. I have 1 computer for designing and another that I use to run my printer. Is it possible to see the same Queue in Versaworks on both computers? What I would like to be able to do is design in flexi on my one computer, and then send it to versaworks. Then I would like to be able to see this job on the computer used to run my printer, automatically. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just share the versaworks input folders over your network?

Have one instance of Versaworks installed.

slowhand

Hi, We have VW installed on 2 PC-s . For first PC we use JOB A in VW, and on second PC JOB B in VW.
VW always print files from job A, and then JOB B. I cant see on my PC in VW for example JOB A that was added on another PC.
In VW you can see only jobs in JOB A or JOB B your files that you import it (RIP it). As our servician told us VW can be install on 4 PC max.
Two solutions:

1. Install VW on server. You can use remote desktop to your server and open VW on server and add job. 2 persons from 2 PC-s can max use remote desktop simultaneously in Windows

2. If you familiar with Microsoft virtual apps you can try to install VW on server, and to deploy virtual app VW to all PC ( Sorry I am MCSA/MCSE/MCITP/MCTS/... and so on for Microsoft, but I'm sure that must be a open source solution if you have a decent server, than maybe you can put corel or adobe stuff on server too)