• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks How can I send an already ripped file to print multiple times

supurb

Hi there,

I've been working in Color choice up until recently. I have finally upgraded to versaworks. I know i'm really starting to catch up here. Anyway in color choice I could rip a file and then send it to print as many times as I wanted. This was nice because lets say you are printing rows of stickers.... It will print and then cut the row before starting the next row.

I can't find this functionality in Versa Works. I know I can print 10 copies but then it will print all 10 and then try to go back and cut all 10. I find the cuts to be less accurate this way. Seems like a simple function, I'm guessing there has to be a way. I know i can add the file to the queue multiple times but that seems silly since you have to rip each one and having that many files seems to unnecessarily clog up my queue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !

supurb

theres no 'hold' or 'stay in queue' after print setting?

Yes I can make it save to queue but I can not send it to print again until the first one has completed printing. The Print button is grayed out until it has completed printed. At that point i can send it again. Which means monitoring the print and resending after each row i print. Good exercise but not very efficient.

Cyw

You need to change custom roll to custom cut and then set your numbers for the full job.
VW will then print a group, cut the group and then continue (on it's own) to repeat the process until the total number of items are cut.

Steve has a good video:

[video=youtube;TvYTTogtmQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TvYTTogtmQM[/video]

(not sure I pasted that link properly)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Giraffe

You need to change custom roll to custom cut and then set your numbers for the full job.
VW will then print a group, cut the group and then continue (on it's own) to repeat the process until the total number of items are cut.

Steve has a good video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TvYTTogtmQM

WOW!

I'd asked this question in the past but never got a reply. This is huge.

Now I have to go see if I can use the "cut after job" function to fill the basket with small piece rather than have 8' of material roll over on itself.

phototec

Steve has a good video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TvYTTogtmQM

Yep, the link worked GREAT!

I know there was a way, but everyone I asked said NO!

Thanks for posting the video....:clapping:

idsignsil

Great video and good information:thankyou:

My problem is that we laminate 90% of everything we print. So if I want to do short runs to ensure my print/cut registration on smaller decals, I have to turn on the crop marks (print/cut registration) in Versaworks. This means I have to go back and physically line everything up for every short run to cut after lamination. It does not take to long, more of just a hassle. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to ease the workflow?