• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks+illy gradients= no contour cut??

sometimes when using gradients in my illustrator eps file,I dont get my marching ants when added to versaworks print and cut software.Spot color images print and contour cut just fine but when it comes to gradients I have this trouble.what am I doing wrong.

Drip Dry

Are you sure the cut line is not there? Sometimes you can't see the marching ants unless you zoom in closer.
Did you do a test to see if it actually cuts ?

I'm not sure about Illustrator, but maybe you need to draw a seperate cut line after creating the gradients.

jt

Velocity

Nope its versaworks. It happens more often than not. I have had to do it several times in different formats to get the cut lines to come across. I dont even use versaworks anymore, better luck with Flexi and that program has its own list of problems.

Unfortunately I dont know of any fix but I share your pain if thats any releif.

clg900

Put the cut line in a separate layer in Illustrator. Roland has a step by step procedure on their website.

Jackpine

Another method that works for me (not versaworks) is to convert the gradient to a RGB bitmap and power clip (a Corel feature) into your vector. Then send as an EPS. I find that gradients handled in this way print better. Then maybe your cut line will work. Remember, this is a Corel move but may work for you in Illustrator and versaworks.