Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

versaworks is laying in down on white??

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by 702 graphics, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 702 graphics

702 graphics Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Las Vegas NV
    I have a section of a graphic that has zero cmyk values. for some reasom versaworks is laying a small amount of ink in the white. You cant tell when cut out but next to the roll of vinyl its a really light grey

Tags:
  2. luggnut

luggnut Very Active Member

are you using absolute colormetric rendering intent? it does that.

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Is it a bitmap you are printing?

4. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    Is it all the white in the image doing it or just that section?

If it's just one section it's probably a transparency issue. Otherwise I'm in luggnut's camp on this one. It's either using the absolute colorimetric intent or your profile may be corrupted.

5. tanneji

tanneji Member

Dec 3, 2008
    if its a photo then its the photo having a background as opposed to transparent.

6. 702 graphics

702 graphics Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Las Vegas NV
    Thanks guys you all rock!. It was a vector file created in flexi. Exported as an EPS and ripped in versaworks. I am at colorimetric intent. What do you guys use for render intent and why?

7. JFERG90

JFERG90 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I am having the same issue only it is on tradeshow booth material. It in the white spaces on t he print and on both sides of each panel it is laying down a small amount of blue ink with each pass. Almost looks like headstrikes but we have eliminated that as a possibility.

Any one have any suggestions.