• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks just stopping with unknown error

yukon

Oh, Please help!
I'm running the latest Versaworks 3.2.1 with Roland VP540, XP pro.
I will be printing fine, then suddenly the percentage status bar for the print job clears and deletes the print file and shows the printer as "disconnected". The printer stops printing and resets itself. In the Versaworks Job log it show the job as "Print Error - Unknown Error". I've resent the same file and it happens again at a different point in the printing job. The file is not corrupt. It printed fine last week. It is a large panel (1 of 4), but it's happened on another job that was smaller.

Could it be my network cable? I use a wired router.

Please help! I'm wasting material!

Thanks,
Yukon

Mainframe

I had that happen to me 2 weeks ago, I replaced the ethernet cable & it didn't fix it, I tried all kinds of things, & was ready to reformat the partition on my Mac & reinstall Windows & Versaworks, I ended up switching routers from my house to my shop & also in Versaworks there was a setting to select the printer that wasn't checked when I went into it, so far I have not had the problem return, but I don't feel comfortable saying that switching the routers did it, I had my brother there & he writes code all day so he was hacking around in there too, I know this rambling doesn't help you but at least you know someone else had the problem-good luck

yukon

Thanks, I suspect it may be the network cable. I am gonna buy a new one today and also maybe switch to a different port on the router too. When I wiggle the cable at the back of the printer, the green light flickers yellow so maybe it IS the wire I hope.

Wish me luck!

Aldir

It happenned to me on a later time. It turned out to be my network adapter cause iupgraded the printer PC to a Dell precision T3400. Roland printers don't like that much of gibit ethernet adapters. I bought a good Dlink 10-100 ethernet adapter and no longer had these problems.
IMHO. ; )