• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks layout window problem

alanzhao

Hi guys,

I've been using VersaWorks for few months now and alway wanted to ask this question, no really a big problem but bothers me sometimes. The VersaWorks I am using is version 2.4.2. Look at the image I attached you'll notice that the designs in the layout window on the right looks like they're pixelated. The prints come out fine. It's just the preview image doesn't look smooth like it should be. The program is running on one of my dual-monitors set up. I am not sure if it has caused this problem. Does this happen to you too?

Please take a look at the picture.

edit: You can't really notice anything in the attached image I just realize that image was resized. Here is the link to full size image. And make sure you view it in full size in the browser.

thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 411

Charlie J

Edit>Preferences> Preview...mine is set on standard. If you change it to high quality it might make your image look better but it will probobly use more memory to do so.

asd

mine does have the image like that too, but the prints always print out just fine

Sign Works

Mine is the same, I believe it is because Versaworks recommended monitor display setting (resolution) be 1,280 x 1,024 or higher, my monitors are set at 1,152 x 864 and I have not tried a higher setting to see if that would resolve the issue, think I'd need to go get stronger reading glasses if I were to increase the display resolution.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours does relatively the same thing, but what does it matter ?? That's only a representation of what you're printing... like a thumbnail. You should already know what it will look like from whatever software you created it.

alanzhao

Mine is already in high quality mode and it won't change anything.

Now I know it's not my problem it won't bother me anymore.

thanks!

javila

I cared at first, but then I lowered it to the lowest possible preview quality cause it doesn't really matter. I'd rather save the processing(however little it is) for ripping. =)

TonyHoles

If you are like me you have flexi, illustrator, versa works and a couple other things most likely all running at the same time. So mine is set to the lowest quality.

signman617

need help with Figuring out If Roalnd's new 54" plotter cutter is worth the bother.. First venture into Printing.. would rather keep it as one unit not 2 that many try and sell you

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You should start your own thread for this. Yours could easily get lost in the shuffle.:thread

Anyway, do you have a need for a piggyback printer/cutter ??
How much are you farming out now ??
Do you have software that is compatible for this combination ??
Will you be needing a laminator ??
How much experience do you already have in this field ??

These are some of the questions you need to address and then ask away. A nice introduction would be helpful, then others will know what to offer.

:Welcome: