• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks missing contour cut lines in ripped file after Window OS System Restore!?!

NCP Signs

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. We are running Windows 8, FlexiSign 8.5v1 and VersaWorks 5.1.1 with a SP-540V printer. We loaded some EPS files into VersaWorks for a job earlier in the day. The files loaded and printed just fine. The EPS files we loaded contained contour cut lines to cut a printed graphic out. The crop marks printed perfectly as well with no issues. We did not immediately cut the graphic out as we needed to let it out-gas for a while as well as laminate it. In between having the graphic printed/outgassed & laminated, our computer started acting up, so we did a System Restore to restore the PC back to an earlier state which resolved the PC issue we were having. Before the system restore, VersaWorks showed the contour cut path lines just fine (when you go into settings, under cut controls, if we had Operation Mode set to Cut Only or Print & Cut, the cut lines showed up as the red dotted lines as normal). After the system restore though, VersaWorks has seemingly completely dropped/removed the contour cut lines from the files. Now when we go into Settings for the files with "Cut Only" set in Cut Options, the red dotted lines representing the cut paths are gone. The printer & VersaWorks will do nothing when we send the file through to "Cut Only". We were forced to manually hand trim out the decals in the end of it all (thankfully the graphics were simple and not complex; hand trimming worked but was time consuming). Obviously, if system restore indeed did cause the cut path data to become corrupt or de-link from the file/program, then it would be logical to have a solution in terms of making sure to contour cut all graphics in VersaWorks first before doing a Windows OS System Restore (if possible!). Anyone else run into this issue before? Sincerely, the Forced to Old School Manual Hand Trim the Vinyl Graphics Out dude.

ImpactSignCo

I ran into a similar problem when we upgraded our version of VersaWorks recently.
We are using Windows 7. Right-click on the VersaWorks icon on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator."
After Versaworks reloads, it is going to look like all of your jobs are erased. Don't worry about that. Import a file that has a contour cut line on it and it should be visable again. Close VersaWorks and re-open it normally. All of your previous jobs should be visable again and your cut lines should be working.
Hope this helps.