• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Not Opening?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I installed an update (the major one?) a week or so ago, but since Monday I have not been able to get Versaworks to fully load. It looks like it finishes loading; goes through the jobs in the database, then "miinimizes" into the tray and when I click on it nothing happens. Can't Alt+Tab to it or anything, just have to kill it through the task manager... so, how do I reset it or do I have to reinstall???

I have had a few larger installs & also have Flexi so I have survived so far, but I know I'll need Versaworks very soon.

Futura Signs

what version of versaworks do you have?
Is it version 3 or is it lower?

i had a similar problem after an update... turns out i didnt have the most recent version of versawork and coulnt take that update.

Tim Aucoin

I had issues going to 3.3 also... finally called Roland and they directed me to their FTP to download VW direct from them. Worked fine. I was also having issues with registering the software in order to get the auto updates. After a week of calling back & forth to Roland, they fixed me up and I'm now updated to version 4 and running smoothly! Gotta say that I was very, very impressed with the service I got from Roland on this. :thumb::thumb:

jfiscus

Rap Master
I couldn't open VW either after I (finally) updated to 3.3. It would just crash everytime.
Try going to Start menu/Programs/Roland Versaworks/Initialize Application,
This fixed it for me...hope that helps.
Pat

Pat, that worked excellently! Thanks!

Mike_Koval

I have also seen some antivirus softwares block certain necessaty install files...it treated them as a virus and dropped them. we had them turn it off for the install and everything worked without a hitch.