• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks, PDF, CMYK,,, Do they play well together?

Gfx Signs

I have customers who do Printing for Mailings, Business Cards, Etc...
They send me PDF files created in CMYK from Indesigns, Illustrator...

When I import the files to Versaworks the color is terrible.. Bright Green when it should be light green..

Is there a setting I can change in VW to get the CMYK to print better.???
i.e. close to if the file were created in RGB..

GVP

We use PDF files for the majority of our output and for the most part it's fine. I have observed though that while spot colors seem better in CMYK, for actual photo images RGB seems to be better.

The other comment is of course that the on-screen preview in Versaworks is horrible, quality and color-wise, and not at all like the actual output.

Drip Dry

PDF's are a final export from your customers original file. Why not ask them to export their original to an EPS or at least a high res jpeg.
Most times, PDF's are fine, but many times they cause problems for my versaworks. It usually drops elements in the file or changes colors.

sowinski_t

I make a point of NEVER printing from a pdf unless I can absolutely can't get around it. If I receive a pdf file from a customer, I generally will export it as an eps from Acrobat and then print that. I've had so many weird issues, glitches and general headaches from trying to make a PDF run through a RIP correctly that in my opinion it's not worth it.