• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks profile for 3M IJ35c-10

pixel_pusher

I recently switched to 3M IJ35c-10 from Mactac JT5829P for our VP-540. I like the way it lays down on various substrates, but we're having trouble dialing in the media profile from VersaWorks. Good old Generic Vinyl 1 produces mottled, grainy prints. We downloaded the IJ180-10 and IJ40-10 profiles from the Roland website, but they only seem to work well if we slow the printhead down to 600 or use the CMYK W-Pass setting. That adds minutes onto each job, which for large jobs adds up to hours.

Anyone using this media? I'd like to get the print quality of the MacTac at the speed of the MacTac. Maybe I'd also like to have my cake and eat it too. Please let me know if my expectations are unrealistic.

strypguy

I print on almost everything with the GCVP or PCV2 with my SP300V.

If you haven't tried those I'd suggest them.

John

J

john1

I use the IJ180-C profile and it prints good on my SP300i when printing on IJ35-C

Once you laminate prints it takes away from some of the grain IMO