Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaWorks profile for 3M IJ35c-10

Discussion in 'Roland' started by pixel_pusher, May 11, 2011.

1. pixel_pusher

pixel_pusher Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I recently switched to 3M IJ35c-10 from Mactac JT5829P for our VP-540. I like the way it lays down on various substrates, but we're having trouble dialing in the media profile from VersaWorks. Good old Generic Vinyl 1 produces mottled, grainy prints. We downloaded the IJ180-10 and IJ40-10 profiles from the Roland website, but they only seem to work well if we slow the printhead down to 600 or use the CMYK W-Pass setting. That adds minutes onto each job, which for large jobs adds up to hours.

Anyone using this media? I'd like to get the print quality of the MacTac at the speed of the MacTac. Maybe I'd also like to have my cake and eat it too. Please let me know if my expectations are unrealistic.

Tags:
  2. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    I print on almost everything with the GCVP or PCV2 with my SP300V.

If you haven't tried those I'd suggest them.

John

3. john1

john1 Guest

I use the IJ180-C profile and it prints good on my SP300i when printing on IJ35-C

Once you laminate prints it takes away from some of the grain IMO

4. fastsigns366

fastsigns366 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I use the Oracal 3165 G profile...prints PERFECT!