• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Profile for DPF 6500?

ashleighfiddler

Hey all!

I'm trying to print on a roll of DPF 6500 and I've tried several Versaworks profiles but am not getting good print quality. I'm printing on a Soljet Pro4 xr640 with Versaworks. My question is 2-fold: If the media's past the shelf life, will the print quality be degraded pretty badly? It is an old roll of media that might be bad (trying to determine). Could that be the reason I'm not getting good prints?

Second question is what versaworks profile generally gives good results on DPF 6500? I couldn't find a profile for it on Arlon's website.

Any expert thoughts or input are much appreciated!

lilblue3

I have just been using PCV4, Standard Print quality, Uni-Directional & under Printer controls check the box for Custom Settings & change the Overprint to 2.
Colors will look a lot darker, but when it is lit it won't look washed out. I have been using the same roll of 6500 for a couple years also.

Last edited: