Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks reinstall

Discussion in 'Roland' started by southpawP8NTR, Dec 16, 2008.

1. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Okay, here is the deal, I just reinstalled versaworks into my new comp. and I can't figure this out and I'm tired of thinking of what it could be. Everything works fine like before but the print head speed is slow now like your doing a test print for clogged jets and I for the life of me can't find the answer in my manual or my memory. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!:signs101:

Tags:
  2. osmasterflex

osmasterflex Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Only thing i can think is maybe Versaworks default is to use the printer settings for head speed.....and on your printer the speed is slow?

3. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    Check the "Print Quality" setting in your media profile. It's prabably changed to "High".

4. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    I tried

the high speed setting. Still the same pass speed just advanced the media more per pass.....ugh!

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I dont know what connection you are using from the computer to the printer but you might want to look at the communication settings on the port its hooked up to.

6. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Got it! when I installed the media type default must be "Generic Vinyl1" switched it to my profile for control tac and bam runs like it use to. Thank god... luv the strange brew avatar Baz...eh!

7. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

:beer:beer:thumb:

Glad to hear you got it figured out.