• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks reinstalled, no cutlines now! HELP PLEASE

James605

Hello everyone. Just started to print a few things out a few hours ago and got a error box that said a folder was missing so Versaworks couldnt run... Pease reinstall... Heres what i did
Tried the repair option.... no go
Reinstalled Versaworks from the rolands ftp site... all good to go. it opens up now...
I loaded some logos a do for a company every month or so and it doesn't see the cutline...
I have print/cut this same file every month for the past year with no problems...
Every file i have tried (5 of them) Versaworks doesnt see the cutlines anymore... I went back to Illustrator and made a few squares and tried the cutline again, still not working.

Can you tell me is there something inside Versaworks that has to be changed? As i said i know the files work i have done them many times before.

I appreciate any help you can give me. I need to get this back up and running ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions

James

Replicator

must reset/input/save a spot color as your CutContour color and then make sure you export the file as EPS from your design software to VersaWorks.

newyork

mmmmmmmmmm

What version of versawork are you using? I had the same problem a couple of years ago and I may be able to help

James605

On the ftp site it is this

Download RVW_CD_302.ZIP as this is the FULL VERSION. Make a NEW FOLDER on your
desktop and call it Versaworks CD. Then Extract the ZIP file into that Folder. Open folder and
reinstall.

I think that would be 3.0.2 maybe im really not sure...Ive not updated it in a while just cause i didnt want to mss anything up.lol It worked fine for what i used it for

James605

must reset/input/save a spot color as your CutContour color and then make sure you export the file as EPS from your design software to VersaWorks.

So all the files i have, i would have to change to make work? I just used some files yesterday and they workedfine. I have never had any problems like this before. I make the cut line the "contourcut" as i always have that pink color that it uses. and i save everything as a .pdf Just not sure why the worked yesterday and not today...all i did was had to reinstall versaworks... has to be in there somewhere, just a matter of finding out where it is

grafixemporium

You actually have to name your process spot color "CutContour" and it's case sensitive. For perf cut, you name the spot color "PerfCutContour".

James605

Yes thats what i have it at.Like i said all the files worked right before i had to reinstall the versaworks so i know the spot color is correct in versaworks. Im thinking it has to be an option or something in versaworks that i have to apply? Anymore ideas?
I really need to get this figured out. I appreciate the help

James

meb

You said you saved it as a pdf? Check to make sure the "ContourCut" is still a spot color.
It must be saved as an .eps with the Versaworks ContourCut spot color for the stroke color at 1pt.

meb

Also, check to make sure that you have the "Roland VersaWorks" swatches in the Swatches folder of Illustrator.

cgsigns_jamie

In the newer version of VW if you have the job set a "Print Only" it hides the cut lines.... Make sure you change that to "Print/Cut" or "Cut Only" and then check to see if your cut lines show up.

rob sloos

I think you use windows 7, 32 bit
i had the same problem en fixt it by just let the application run in xp compatible mode
the only problem is you lose drag and drop support

GTSTech_1

After re-install of Versaworks did you set your eps margins and check the spot color box? It's the 3rd tab down in Que A or Que B folder properties?

my .02

James605

In the newer version of VW if you have the job set a "Print Only" it hides the cut lines.... Make sure you change that to "Print/Cut" or "Cut Only" and then check to see if your cut lines show up.

I noticed that when i was using it before it crashed. But i checked that...

Something i did notice is that. The files that have the cutlines, in the preview box in versaworks, the line is gone...So i think it does see it it just is not cutting it. Usually the line in ,arching ants as you know, well my line just isnt there, not even like a line that is pink and part of the image, its just gone altogether

James605

After re-install of Versaworks did you set your eps margins and check the spot color box? It's the 3rd tab down in Que A or Que B folder properties?

my .02

I really dont understand this, meaning i looked around and didnt find what you were referring to.

Thanks for all the help, i really need this back up today

Replicator

So in Illustrator you have a spot color that you've named CutContour,

You've applied this color value to a hairline to be cut,

and you exported the file as an EPS and then opened the file in VersaWorks ?

James605

So in Illustrator you have a spot color that you've named CutContour,

You've applied this color value to a hairline to be cut,

and you exported the file as an EPS and then opened the file in VersaWorks ?
Yes..
any other ideas? what it could be. im sending you a pm also