• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks reinstalled, no cutlines now! HELP PLEASE

Replicator

James,

Your file worked perfectly here in VersaWorks.

The cut-lines were there, visible and active. You must go into the settings after opening the file in VW to see the active cut lines,

but they were there crawling around like hundreds of little ants.

James605

Thats what i did, i think the install might not have worked right or something... i just printed the file just as i sent it to you... it printed...didnt cut anything... i downloaded versaworks from rolands ftp site, i wouldnt think it was corrupted.. i guess i will just uninstall and reinstall again. any other suggestions before i try this....
Also another note...I just tried to update versaworks and as soon as i clicked update it says" error occured during update. but it dont even start, just brings that error up

Replicator

Go back to the FTP site and download an older version, then upgrade after install.

Also download the firmware update, I know I PM'd you with the link yesterday !

I suspect that 3.3.x won't work correctly with the older firmware versions

meb

So in Illustrator you have a spot color that you've named CutContour,

You've applied this color value to a hairline to be cut,

and you exported the file as an EPS and then opened the file in VersaWorks ?

Not sure if this makes a difference but I always apply the CutContour color value to a 1pt stroke to be cut.

sfr table hockey

Not sure if Versaworks has similar issues with AVG anti virus as colorchoice did, but you had to uninstall AVG totaly to get colorchoice to install.

Do you have AVG running and does anyone know if it will effect veraworks?

tdgraphics

Just a point I have noted in the past. Sometimes I find that the CutContour line appears as a pinky coloured line over the image. As a result it only prints but does not cut.

What I do, is go back into Illustrator and select the image excluding the CutContour and then rasterise it. I then print it through Versaworks again and the cut line appears and works fine.

Neil