• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks - Removing all the spacing between copies?

Andy D

Many times when I send one print to Versaworks and set X amount of copies,
I want the copies butted right up against each other, but even when I set spacing to 0
there's still about a 1/4" gap between the copies... anyway to change that?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Seems to be the same when using that method in Flexi Print Manager (RIP). That's why any "nesting"/multiple copies is done in the layout then sent for print.

OADesign

Not sure which version of VW your on. But check here. I'm on VW Dual 1.6

Layout: (obviously) Set spacing to 0
File format: (If your sending .eps files) Set .EPS margin to 0
Marks: Set marks to No marks

This way everything "should" but uo against each other nicely. Unless there is something missing, not mentioned in op.

Note that the file format eps margin setting at 0 may cause some sides not to get cut or will be clipped. So make sure to add space in your layout. That is IF you are cutting.
Hope that makes since.

Many times when I send one print to Versaworks and set X amount of copies,
I want the copies butted right up against each other, but even when I set spacing to 0
there's still about a 1/4" gap between the copies... anyway to change that?

Andy D

It says my version is 5.5.1.
I usually send PDF, so that EPS setting wouldn't matter would it?
To give a clear example, if I were printing (10) 18" x 24" coro signs with the same layout,
I prefer to print them together, apply to a 4'x8' sheet & cut apart.
I have been nesting them together in Corel and then bringing it into Versaworks, but it would be much faster
to just send one and make (10) copies in Versaworks without any spaces in between.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
To give a clear example, if I were printing (10) 18" x 24" coro signs with the same layout,
I have been nesting them together in Corel and then bringing it into Versaworks, but it would be much faster
to just send one and make (10) copies in Versaworks without any spaces in between.

I am running the same version of versaworks. 0" Tile Spacing works for me.
I'm not too familiar with Coral, but when I make yard-signs in illustrator I just make sure the artboard is 24x18" and it works fine when I save as a pdf.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Here's a screenshot with my settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 254

jimbug72

:iamwithstupid:

Maybe it's a Corel thing? Like Jay, I use same version of VW as well. Use Illustrator generated PDFs and setting the tile spacing to 0 it always butts them together. That being said it butts the edges of the art board together when using PDFs, not the edges of the image.

P.S. I don't think you're stupid Jay Grooms, I have just always wanted to use that emoji! :toasting::toasting:

myront

CorelDRAW is best

Faster for whom? I use a macro that will automatically set my one 18 x 24 to a nest of 10Up. It's a 1 icon click. Publish to pdf to the print "hot folder". All the Print Tech has to do is set up the correct profile for the media then hit go. If I need crop marks I have a macro for that too.

Andy D

Faster for whom? I use a macro that will automatically set my one 18 x 24 to a nest of 10Up. It's a 1 icon click. Publish to pdf to the print "hot folder". All the Print Tech has to do is set up the correct profile for the media then hit go. If I need crop marks I have a macro for that too.

Awesome! Would you mind sharing where you found those macros?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Andy, does this happen only with EPS files? or does it happen no matter the file type? I've found with EPS files, if there is artwork outside the artboard, VW and even Onyx will read that - making your artwork much bigger than you want it. My fix is to go back to the file and delete the offending object, or just clip it in the RIP.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Seems to be the same when using that method in Flexi Print Manager (RIP). That's why any "nesting"/multiple copies is done in the layout then sent for print.
Flexi will let you butt together. Set the spacing to 0", and set the Panel Margin to 0" as well. I do it all the time for 10-up 18x24's on Coro.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Flexi will let you butt together. Set the spacing to 0", and set the Panel Margin to 0" as well. I do it all the time for 10-up 18x24's on Coro.

We have found that even after setting to 0 that there is still a gap. Plus we often nest multiple prints together and it's much easier to do by the designer than the Print Tech. If you're left with an odd number of prints you end up with space that cannot be utilized by nesting with flexi. Especially if trying to nest a pdf job with a tiff. Like I said I have macros that make quick work of it.

Andy D

I'm glad you posted, I have meant to respond what the issue was;
I had to change settings in Corel, for some reason the "position white space"
defaults to 4, I changed it to 0

upload_2020-1-22_10-56-3.png

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We have found that even after setting to 0 that there is still a gap. Plus we often nest multiple prints together and it's much easier to do by the designer than the Print Tech. If you're left with an odd number of prints you end up with space that cannot be utilized by nesting with flexi. Especially if trying to nest a pdf job with a tiff. Like I said I have macros that make quick work of it.
I didn't think we were talking about nesting. That's different than sending X copies in one print.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I didn't think we were talking about nesting. That's different than sending X copies in one print.

I see it as the same thing. Either you let the RIP do the "nesting" or multiple copies, or you handle the nesting yourself within the design program. If done within the design program there is no doubt, less margin for error and less time for the Print Tech to set up.