• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Rip stuck at 20%

pabacker66

I am about to lose my mind. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a trailer wrap to be installed saturday morning and I can't get any of my panels to print! I have never had this problem with versaworks before, but I have my wrap broken up into panels to fit my media size. And no matter which file I try to print, the rip stops at 20%. I set all of them to rip before I left for the night last night and when I got here this morning, the first file was at 20%. I since have tried to print several of the other files and the same problem every time. I have restarted versaworks and the computer multiple times. Help??

Sign Works

I have found that files containing fonts which are not on my RIP computer will freeze up Versaworks usually at about 20%. Solution is to convert all fonts to paths in artwork file.

Mainframe

Under Job management select Rip while printing

Also, you could export the file as a .jpg, choose custom in illy and 125 dpi should work

pabacker66

I tried "rip while printing" and it wouldn't rip or print. Just sat at 0% for over half an hour. I also tried the .jpg and that did not work either. Still stalled at 20%

idsignsil

Are there a bunch of gradients or transparencies? If so, try what Mainframe said about exporting as a jpeg.

Baz

I get allot of artwork from clients. I get asked many times if i will be able to print their files ok. I tell them no problem. If i see lots of strokes, gradients and transparencies i will not think twice to just rasterize the artwork at high res and off to the printer it goes.