• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks - rml files

OLE

I have some .rml files (Roland Media Library), but I cannot extract it's content, I need ICCs, linearizations, ink limits...
Do you have idea how to do it?
Yes, I have VersaWorks Rip installed...

Drip Dry

I don't know exactly... but I think it has something to do with "import native file" from one of the pull down menus across the top in Versaworks

The RML file should contain all of the information you list. However it is a proprietary format that is only able to be processed by Versaworks. You need to install the RML into the RIP via Media Explorer - install new media icon. Once the new media is installed, you can see the ink limits and linearization info in media explorer. The ICC will be in a sub folder under the Versaworks install folder.

OLE

It's not possible to import .rml file(profile) to Versaworks unless corresponding printer is installed, and in order to add printer to VW it should be connected to the PC physically. Any ideas?

It's not possible to import .rml file(profile) to Versaworks unless corresponding printer is installed, and in order to add printer to VW it should be connected to the PC physically. Any ideas?

That is correct, unless you are using a dongle-based version of the RIP.

Roland

Versa Works - Menu - Media Explorer - Load from File (import file from the source) - OK - "Do you want to ...?" - OK - Job Done!!!:smile:
The rml. files correspond only for the right printer those are made for - if you have an ICC profile made for eg: XJ-640/740 or any other printer, it won't work on you SP, VP or any other printer.
Hope that helps.

Proteus

Does anyone get this error: "This media file can only be opened in SOLJETPRO3 v2 series printer. It is now set to SOLJET PRO3 series.".

I have a Roland XC-540 and that is what I chose when I get profiles from 3M's website, but none of them import and give me this error...

sheitmar

Does anyone get this error: "This media file can only be opened in SOLJETPRO3 v2 series printer. It is now set to SOLJET PRO3 series.".

I have a Roland XC-540 and that is what I chose when I get profiles from 3M's website, but none of them import and give me this error...

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I just came across this same error message myself today - the profile has the printer series named incorrectly in the RML file (missing a space in the name), I was able to open up the file in notepad and change the <strSeriesName>SOLJET PRO3 v2</strSeriesName> field at the beginning of the RML file. This allowed me to properly import this profile into Versaworks.