• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks/roland sp300

graphix

Whe I design in corel and give a white outline and a contour cut...then send to roland it prints a light greyish where the white outline is...are they a fix ? I know I can fill with no white but would have to manipulate and cut out over top of graphic to have no fill...thanks

oksigns

Whe I design core and give a white outline and a contour cut...the roland trying to print a light greyish where the white outline ...are they a fix ? I know I can fill with no white but would have to manipulate and cut out over top of graphic to have no fill...thanks

Flatten the artwork as a raster image first, then take that rasterized artwork and add in your cut marks per versaworks, and it will not print your cut lines.

It's a limitation of versaworks that if you include live effects like drop shadows AND spot colors, versaworks freaks out and prints everything.

graphix

Flatten the artwork as a raster image first, then take that rasterized artwork and add in your cut marks per versaworks, and it will not print your cut lines.

It's a limitation of versaworks that if you include live effects like drop shadows AND spot colors, versaworks freaks out and prints everything.
How do I add in my cut marks in versaworks?copy cut mark in corel..then cut them....then raster I've and the paste cut marks back? Thanks

oksigns

How do I add in my cut marks in versaworks?copy cut mark in corel..then cut them....then raster I've and the paste cut marks back? Thanks

So you mention that you work in Corel.

After you rasterize the artwork so there is only one single layer. Import that flat artwork back in Corel, and add a layer that has just the cut lines you need, and save as usual. This file will be your new printing file under Versaworks.

Additionally, you can gimp it and add a new job JUST for the cuts identical to the job used to print the raster only image. This second job would use a file that has the same dimensions as the raster job, just only with the cut lines.

So it is a two step process

Create artwork
1. Flatten as a raster image excluding cut lines and save
2. Reimport raster image to include cut lines in same or similar program = new artwork for versaworks to use
Add new artwork to Versaworks