• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks, SP540V, and GX-640 help needed.

jeff412

After reading several posts proclaiming the benefits of a separate cutter, I just pulled the trigger on a GX-640. I needed to free up the printer to print, so I got the cutter for cutting. Now I realize that Versaworks can't do both simultaneously. I printed several jobs and after dry time was up, I got ready to cut. Only to discover that I had to wait on the print job that was running to complete. Am I missing something or is this how it will work? I really hope I'm missing something. Jeff

Gene@mpls

Yes there is a setting in VW you need to change- I forget which one but check the preferences > multiple printer support>
number of concurrent processes- mine sez 4. I can't find the email I got on the issue right now- call support if that is not it.

ova

I would think whomever you bought the plotter from should be able to help you.

If not, try Bobby Fossen. He's a merchant member here. We bought our plotter from him and he set it up for us.

Dave

Andrew O

Merchant Member
If you haven't solved this yet, please feel free to give tech support a toll free call at (800) 542-2307. VW can run up to 4 Roland devices simultaneously, and we're here to help.

jeff412

Got it! It was just a setting as suggested. Really had me scared that I had wasted a pile of money on the cutter. Thanks guys for the help. Jeff