• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Static Cling Profile

visualeyez

I have not found a good solvent printable static cling for our Roland. I am stuck with mirror printing on ClearAd with a stock clear profile, flood coating with cast white (not over contour cut marks) and then contour cutting with like 200g/f. finished product to be installed on inside of window. You could also apply a graphic printed on cast white to the back, making it double sided. Anybody else doing this?

dlndesign

Also, guys, thanks, I'll try the PET profile, I used GCVP and it seems to be holding up. Thanks again.

Replicator

I just made some clings using the "PWV Premium Wrap Vinyl" profile on Max Impact mode and they came out sweet as can be . . . !

To get the BEST prints on clear try using double print or the over-print methods. These make the colors bold and really POP when placed in the windows. The Solvent Clear is a good profile, and use MAX Impact for best results - even when using double printing - makes a huge difference! ( you may need to up your printer temps when using the over print 2 or 3 as this is a lot of ink and may need the additional heat to dry best.

ncastrellon

Static Cling Printing

I use solvex on both my SP300 and the VP540 with GCVP profiles and no issues on either one.

Hi there:

I plan on adding static window clings to our product line and need feedback on Solvex Static Cling vinyl. Have you had any luck print double sided graphics with this and will the printed side stick to the interior of a window?

I am not having much luck with my search, which is why I am asking you. Thanks in advance.

sfr table hockey

Hi there:

I plan on adding static window clings to our product line and need feedback on Solvex Static Cling vinyl. Have you had any luck print double sided graphics with this and will the printed side stick to the interior of a window?

I am not having much luck with my search, which is why I am asking you. Thanks in advance.

I used a clear cling from Mondrian Hall MH Select Clear Cling. If you reverse print then the non ink side can go to the window. I did find that the ink can transfer to the window. This may have just been that the ink had not cured but I had read that others had ink transfer on a window. Also heat from the sun could be the issue. In Alberta right now... Heat is not an issue.

DRamm76

I've been working with a guy who has been working on a large static cling job. He was having issues with curling. this was mainly happening because the ink wasn't given enough time to settle prior to cutting and combined with the heat resulted in it curling up on the ends. This can also happen if you trim banners too soon after printing.

To get around this, he lowered the dryer heat slightly and paused the machine right before it wound back to cut. Results were much better after doing this.