• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks stores srf files of many GB sizes

bulbus_maximus

Hi,

I suddenly see today that my versaworks has been storing .srf files ranging from 1gb to 11gb!! They all are in the folder: C:\Program files\Roland versaworks\versaworks\printers\VP-540i\Job-A.

Does anybody know what these are and why they are stored. Can I delete them. Will this affect any of my ripped work that I would want to print/cut in the future?

This whole thing has covered around 100gb of space! I am just going ahead and deleting a few for now.

ciao
Bulbus

joeshaul

Delete them from your Versaworks queue and they should get removed from disk automatically.

These are the post processed RIP files that get streamed to the printer, as well as the print settings for that job and etc. I'll generally delete items in my Versaworks queue that are a couple months old once a month. Removing the folders manually is probably fine, but I'd say it's best to just do it all in Versaworks.

bulbus_maximus

Okay... will follow your method. I just went through the file sizes, and I realized that I over-exaggerated (10x :) - the files sizes are between 100mb-1GB size. These files occupied almost 10GB space. Seems like these are rasterised images which are saved.

Thanks joes..

signswi

10GB is literally almost nothing, I see no reason not to save them. Post-ripped files are useful, if you get a reorder you know you will be printing the *exact* same thing.