• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Tile Issue

rmtosh

I have a digital print that is roughly 6' x 8'. I have a 54" roland so I decided to tile the graphic vertically and print the graphic in two equal halves. I placed a .25" overlap in the middle. After installing one half of the graphic, the other graphic is too long on both ends ( top and bottom ). No fudging to be had. The design is a rectangle, but once it was tiled, one side "grew" a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

boxerbay

what type of install? how did you install? was it laminated?

I have seen this happen on a box truck install.

first panel goes in early in the morning.
second panel goes on later but truck has gotten hot from sun and the heat relaxes the vinyl and ends up longer than the previous panel.

cdiesel

I've seen VW do this and other tiling issues. The most common issue I've seen is when it prints without an overlap. Since upgrading to the newest version and always selecting "all corners" instead of "left side" we haven't had any issues.

rmtosh

The middle of the graphic matches up but as you go out from the middle it gets off more and more. All told, I'm off by about 3/16" on the edges. Long on both ends. I installed one panel right after the other, indoors on acrylic. Both pieces were laminated with the same laminate. When I applied the first panel i went vertically with a Big Squeegee. seeing how I was having alignment issues, I applied the other piece horizontally, maintaing the alignment of the text/graphics in the middle.

I would have guessed that, if anything, the one I applied vertically would be longer, but in both cases it is the one applied horizontally.

Thanks
Ryan

crewchief97

VW Tiling

I had the same problem once never did figure it out. No lamination and did not install. After printing I laid the two half's out on the floor to see how it looked, and they would not line up, one print was a little longer than the other.