Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks Trim line?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Banners Signs Etc., Oct 3, 2012.

1. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Is there a way to put a cut line around a banner or something inside versaworks..

Normally we put them on designs we do in Illy, but when a customer sends us artwork that we don't have the font for...or a jpeg or something is there a way to print cut lines on them?

Been using the fotoba cut lines in a pinch...but they are too thick and don't always work the way I want them to..

Thanks!:signs101:

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    are you looking for a line to cut on or a line to fold the hem along?

If we are printing a banner with a full colour background, we normally add "margin marks" at 1" all around and cut to them, which gives us a 1" hem when we fold on the edge of the coloured background.

if the banner has a white background, we use margin marks at 0.0" to define the edges of the banner, and use a ruler on the finishing table to add our inch for hem.

3. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    so margin marks makes a solid line around the artwork? Does it work with multiple copies/nesting?

Sorry I guess I could experiment, but it seems like there is no time to stop printing and fool around...good problem to have I guess

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    it doesn't make a solid line, it creates corner marks in 4 corners and makes a small dash every 2 feet or so along the length of the banner

5. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Ok small dash that works!..

I think I tried turning it on once and in the preview I just saw crop marks and dismissed it.

Thanks!