• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Trim line?

Is there a way to put a cut line around a banner or something inside versaworks..

Normally we put them on designs we do in Illy, but when a customer sends us artwork that we don't have the font for...or a jpeg or something is there a way to print cut lines on them?

Been using the fotoba cut lines in a pinch...but they are too thick and don't always work the way I want them to..

Thanks!:signs101:

CanuckSigns

are you looking for a line to cut on or a line to fold the hem along?

If we are printing a banner with a full colour background, we normally add "margin marks" at 1" all around and cut to them, which gives us a 1" hem when we fold on the edge of the coloured background.

if the banner has a white background, we use margin marks at 0.0" to define the edges of the banner, and use a ruler on the finishing table to add our inch for hem.

so margin marks makes a solid line around the artwork? Does it work with multiple copies/nesting?

Sorry I guess I could experiment, but it seems like there is no time to stop printing and fool around...good problem to have I guess

CanuckSigns

it doesn't make a solid line, it creates corner marks in 4 corners and makes a small dash every 2 feet or so along the length of the banner