Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaWorks upgrade to new Windows 10 computer

Discussion in 'Roland' started by phototec, Apr 5, 2020.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    I have a Roland SP540V running VersaWorks 5.3.2 on a Windows 7 computer which is not being supported by Microsoft any longer and I want to upgrade to a Windows 10 computer, does anyone know if the VersaWorks 5.3.2 will work on Windows 10?

How hard is this going to be to switch over to the new computer, the only CD I have with the original VersaWorks software is very old, and I remember you had to set up an IP address and that was a ***** for me.

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Tags:
  2. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    Versaworks 6.x is a free download from the RolandDGA website. Yes, you will have to setup the IP address of the printer, but that would be needed with any installation on a new PC.

3. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Does Versaworks 6 work with the older SP540V Printer-Cutter?

4. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    I am running 5.5.1 VersaWorks with a VersaCamm VS-300 on W10. No problems.

5. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I have a dedicated box running Win 7 and Versaworks (an old version) and do NOT have them connected to the internet = no updates. It all works just fine and I don't need to break it. I use a thumb drive to transfer files from my "Corel" box to the print box. If the box fails, I'll address that at the time (getting close to retirement and that may be a good reason to hang it all up)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Literally JUST went through this conversion (Windows 7 Pro) to Windows 10 Home. The conversion over was flawless and easy. We just went to roland's website and input our info/serial and downloaded the newest version from there.

****DO NOT FORGET TO EXPORT ALL YOUR PROFILES FROM VERSAWORKS!!!!!!*******

7. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Roland stopped supporting your printer. Does this mean you're upgrading your printer?