• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Vs Flexi Rip

signs2trade

I MUST SHARE MY 2 CENTS WITH EVERYONE ABOUT THESE TWO RIPS. I HAVE BEEN RIPPING WITH FLEXIS RIP FOR 3 YEARS WITH NOTHING BUT HEADACHES. I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS HAVING COLOR PROFILING DONE (AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU LEARN HOW..PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THOSE COMMENTS:Cool 2:) I HAVE REFUSED TO USE VERSAWORKS BECAUSE OF JUST HAVING TO LEARN AND TEACH SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO EVERYONE. WELL I UPGRADED TO FLEXI 8.5 AND ALL OF THE PROFILES I HAD IN FLEXI 8.1 ARE NOW NO GOOD. MY SALES REP HAS TOLD ME FOR YEARS TO USE VERSAWORKS....WELL I STARTED TO PRINT A VERY COLORFULL BANNER FROM FLEXI AND IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE ART. AFTER NUMEROUS TRYS,TRYING DIFFERENT PROFILES I DECIDED TO TRY VERSAWORKS. USING THE GENERIC BANNER PROFILE THE BANNER PRINTED ABSOLUTLEY PERFECT. COLORS WERE BEAUTIFUL AND IT PRINTED FASTER THAN FLEXI. WE NOW USE VERSAWORKS EXCLUSIVLELY AND HAVE NOT HAD ONE FAILLURE BECAUSE OF COLOR.
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.
KEITH

Capital Signs

Didnt Mike Adams go and work on your profiles? I know he said that there are still glitches with the profiles to go from one to the other.

Just what he communicated to me.

One thing you have to watch out for in versaworks is color matching. In our experience if we want to print something that is a pantone color the customer had decided on or we want to enter in the values of CMYK we have founf versaworks tends to not throw down enough ink even with the correct ICC profiles. Flexi always prints heavier and is spot on. Now when it comes to something we design and use the color tables in flexi I always print out of versaworks and get the color I wanted. I love using versaworks over flexi just for the ease of the program and being able to see exactly how my print will look before I print it.

peavey123

MY boss has been using flexi and production manager for years. Then I got hired. I used flexi for a year with production manager. It doesn't like PDF's and my creativity seemed to be stripped away by this primitive tool called flexi haha ....Anyways now my boss has left me in charge of all designing and printing etc..I don't even touch flexi unless there is an old file I have to reference. I only use illustrator, photoshop and versaworks. I love it butMy boss hates it because he is not the most computer literate person out there. He thinks its more difficult..so thanks to versaworks my job is much more secure. haha jk jk

signs2trade

Didnt Mike Adams go and work on your profiles? I know he said that there are still glitches with the profiles to go from one to the other.

Just what he communicated to me.
YES DID MY PROFILES LAST TIME AND DID A GOOD JOB. AS LONG AS I USE VERSAWORKS I DONT NEED ANY PROFILING

Capital Signs

He is coming by wednesday I think to do mine. He said he could do versaworks or he could do flexi. Not sure which to run. Dont want to be in the same situation of upgrade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use both and most of our people like Flexi.... mostly because 'Ease of Use'. I prefer 'VersaWorks' by far. We don't have too many color problems with either or program.

:beer :munchie: :beer

Sign Works

When I bought my Versacamm the only digital printing experience I had to draw on was that of printing with my Roland PC-600 thermal resin printer and Flexi was definetly the prefered RIP over Rolands Color Choice in my opinion, it gives you much more control over the output options and basically simplified the process for running the PC-600. With this mindset I figured Flexi would be the way to go for the Versacamm as well, my dealer agreed also eventhough I would purchase the software elsewhere. I had to upgrade a 6.5 version to 8 and then buy a second site license to have all work stations set up the way I wanted so basically that cost an additional $2,400, now the funny part is that 2 years ago my dealer set up my Versacamm and installed Versaworks and I gave it a try, I have been so satisfied with the results that I still have not found it necessary to send a job from Flexi, works great for adding contour cuts though.:rolleyes: