Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question VersaWorks with SP-540V

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Shepherd, Sep 11, 2018.

VersaWorks Profile Help

Poll closed Sep 25, 2018.
  1. unknown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. unknown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shepherd

Shepherd New Member

Sep 11, 2018
    v0h1t0
    Hello all!

I have been trying to deal with Versa Works by myself for a year now, and still have not figured this out.

Over a year ago I had a computer crash and had to load versa works onto another computer.

I have 2 major issues:

1) I cannot load new profiles. It says "This media file included a profile that cannot be used with the ink type of the current printer setting"
    Yet I am using an Avery profile specific to the SP-540V.

2) I cant figure out how to get the print head to only travel over the print aread, as opposed to running the whole length of the machine for each path.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to take the time to help.

Cheers,

Shep

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Do you have the old original ink or the Max ink?

3. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Browse the printer menu to "Full width scan" ... switch to "off", and the printer will move the print head over the printed area only.

There are different ink types available for the printer: when the printer enters the market, there were the standard Eco-Sol-Ink available, a little bit later Eco-Sol-Max was introduced. Check if you download a profile which matches the ink setup of your printer. On the roland website, there should be profiles for both types of ink.

4. Shepherd

Shepherd New Member

Sep 11, 2018
    v0h1t0

Thank you sir,

I will try that post hast.

5. Shepherd

Shepherd New Member

Sep 11, 2018
    v0h1t0
    I am using Grimco's in house brand "20/20" For Roland printers.

It doesn't specify what it is. But now that you have me thinking, I am going to call the guys at Grimco and ask.

Cheers

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I would not use "house brand" ink. The savings will not be as much as new heads and dampers and caps and ink lines. This just my opinion though. I have only used OEM and read about all the issues people have had over the years. I have no hands on experience.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Independently of what ink you are using, the printer is configured to Eco-Sol or Max-ink. The SP540v doesn‘t read the chips om the cartridges. The profiles you download need to match the ink type set in the printer. You can see the ink type on the printer display when booting up.

8. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Wow. :banghead::doh::banghead::frustrated:

:welcome:

You'll be glad you found this place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto