• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks with Vista

trimguy

Is anyone running the latest Versaworks with Vista operating system? How is it? Anyone have the new Rs 540? How do you like it?

kico-abaco

I'm running latest VersaWorks with Vista Home, it's working fine. The only problem i have - can't upgrade VP-540 printer's firmware (it's something with Vista). But everything is working just fine.

kustom.printing

Hi been running Vista home premium 64bit for about 5 months, not a single problem.

Tech did have a little problem installing upgrade to machine, but he phones someone up at Roland and they sent us something to download which worked.

Once you have the machine updated this should work smoothly for you.

All normal updates to versaworks run fine.

gnatt66

64 bit Vista for me as well, so far so good. A few random crashes, but my guess it's more my machine than VW.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It would be interesting to see if anyone has tried running VersaWorks on the 64-bit public beta release of Windows 7.

Our shop has avoided using Vista. The last four computers we have purchased came with free Vista upgrade discs, but we had them pre-loaded with Win XP Professional.

If we can we'll wait until the end of the year or sometime in 2010 before going the 64-bit Windows 7 route. Flexi and VersaWorks (as well as some others apps) need to be able to run on it properly before we can upgrade. It would be even better if Roland could recompile the VW code where it could run in native 64-bit operation. The Windows version of Photoshop CS4 in one of a mere few mainstream graphics applications I know of that is compiled for native 64-bit operation.

We've been testing the 64-bit Windows 7 with Versaworks 3.x for 6 months. Now running Windows 7 RC1 with it with no issues to report re VW. As you mention, it is running as x86 application only (32-bit).

FSS

I'm running latest VersaWorks with Vista Home, it's working fine. The only problem i have - can't upgrade VP-540 printer's firmware (it's something with Vista). But everything is working just fine.

That is incorrect. I have updated mine to 2.2.1, 3.0 & 3.1 using Vista 64bit, you have to run their Setup as Administrator, Right Click -> Run As Administrator then it should go smoothly. If there are any issues just let me know as I would be more then happy to help.

Windows RC7 1 runs great with Versaworks. My only gripe is we have a dedicated RIP Machine that as 8GB of RAM and VW does not access more then 2GB so it's kind of disappointing but Vista runs it better then XP on our Quad Core Rip Machine.

javila

Likewise, I'm running Versaworks on windows 7 7100, no issues except during installation cause it wasn't finding the right folder. But smooth sailing after that.

Flexi however, has to be run out of XP mode, which is a total buzzkill. (7.6)