• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks; Won't recognize Cut Contour from Signlab 8

siklidkid

I wasn't sure where to put this post, could be an Signlab 8 issue.

Created a simple object in SL8 and applied a cut contour to it as we always have, export it as Level 3 EPS. When we drop it into VW we are not seeing active cut lines, instead we get a white stroke where the active cut lines should be.

Cut Contours out of Illustrator work fine.

Both program updates are current.

Has anyone been experiencing this? It's definitely not transparency issue since we are using basic vector shapes.

Thoughts?

-Andrew

robb1121

VersaWorks Not Recognizing Cut Line

If you use a color that is in the Roland Swatch Book, and have convert spot colors checked on in VersaWorks, VersaWorks will convert the cut line into a print color instead of recognizing it as a cut line. Try using a random RGB color for your cut line. That is what we do. Good luck.

I wasn't sure where to put this post, could be an Signlab 8 issue.

Created a simple object in SL8 and applied a cut contour to it as we always have, export it as Level 3 EPS. When we drop it into VW we are not seeing active cut lines, instead we get a white stroke where the active cut lines should be.

Cut Contours out of Illustrator work fine.

Both program updates are current.

Has anyone been experiencing this? It's definitely not transparency issue since we are using basic vector shapes.

Thoughts?

-Andrew