• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks wont see my cut file

Contact23

Im have some problems with my versacamm vp 540 in cut mode, I get my CutContour line in coreldraw x5 around my shape and export it as a tiff dont seem to have an option to export it as eps file, suppose they are the same, anyway when I go into settings menu in versaworks I cant see my shape in the preview pane on the right and when while it seems to rip the shape reappears in the preview pane on the right during the rip and stas there when print is pushed, though no marching ants, it refuses to cut, its set to cut only, and convert spot colour is checked ,eps margin set to .05mm,at a loss any help would be appreciated, could it be a corel issue? test cut is working fine, and it will cut the outside box of the shape, just not the shape.
Eric

Z SIGNS

Most of these problems usually work themselves out.
Keep clicking.
It could be a million things.Like not exported properly.
Exported as selected only and didn't pick up the line etc.
It's could be some box that's checked or unchecked.
Eventually the computer will give up and make it happen for you.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Im have some problems with my versacamm vp 540 in cut mode, I get my CutContour line in coreldraw x5 around my shape and export it as a tiff dont seem to have an option to export it as eps file, suppose they are the same, anyway when I go into settings menu in versaworks I cant see my shape in the preview pane on the right and when while it seems to rip the shape reappears in the preview pane on the right during the rip and stas there when print is pushed, though no marching ants, it refuses to cut, its set to cut only, and convert spot colour is checked ,eps margin set to .05mm,at a loss any help would be appreciated, could it be a corel issue? test cut is working fine, and it will cut the outside box of the shape, just not the shape.
Eric

No, no they aren't all the same. A tif file is a raster image file without the vector capabilities needed to have a cutline in Versaworks. You will have to export it as an eps or pdf (don't have Corel here at home, so can't tell you how) in order for the cutline to be seen.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Do you have drop shadows? Transparency? Those can also interfere. If that's the case, rasterize the image (except for the CutContour line) and try using that.

If it still doesn't work, save a new file and delete everything except the cutline and see if Versaworks sees it. If VW reads the cutline, there is something in the graphic that is interfering with the cutline. If VW still doesn't see it, something is wrong with the cutline itself (like it is named wrong, not a spot color, you are converting spot colors when exporting - could be a variety of reasons). That will at least give you a place to start.

Contact23

Sorted

Ok, That problems sorted , big shout to Bigdawg for assistance,
so i have my shape in coreldraw, convert to curves select the shape ,rightclick on CutContour spot colour palette ,export as eps file with the 'convert to rgb ' box unchecked in export options export as curves not text.
vw sees the cut line, happy days.