• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks

dolce05

I just loaded a file (side of van) that measured 69" x 236" but when sent to the queue it only measures 69" x 200". It doesn't condense the file but cuts off the back end. If I open that same file in photoshop it opens at 236"..........is there a setting i need to adjust??

Drip Dry

How big is your printer ?? Bigger than 54" ?
Did you do a "Get media width" ? Or maybe check your tiling options.
I'm not sure, but maybe Versaworks hs a limitation on th overall size it will display.

jt

dolce05

hey JT........we're printing with the vp540, it all happens before we tile. As soon as the job is dropped in the Queue it registers at 200" overall width, any file over 200" cuts off at that, and its weird it doesnt condense the file it just cuts off the back end. For now we just send thye job in smaller then bump up the percentage of the job to achieve the overall height and width, It could be me being picky but I feel the resolution suffered alittle, even though I was told versa works has the ability to blow things up and keep its quality..................still looking for answers..........

B Snyder

I printed a 48"x240" banner from VersaWorks to the VP540 without a problem. Is VersaWorks and your firmware up-to-date?

javila

I think you might be turning on "scale to fit media" checkmark. So your'e scaling the 69" to 52" which will scale the 239" to 200".

or you have it set to use a custom size media, instead of a custom size roll.

dolce05

nope using custom roll and not checking scale to media. I'm going to get in touch with roland tomorrow and i'll let you know what the deal is incase this happens to anyone else.... thanks for all the advice.