• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks

LiquidMagik

VersaWorks problem: missing graphics in layout window

Hey,
Having a problem with VersaWorks, so looking for a vet in troubleshooting. All images in the layout window are missing. The jobs are still in the job list and I can click on them to open the properties panel, but I cannot view them in the layout panel at all. Now this happened after I emptied the trash file on the drive. I'm sure it's related, but don't know how or why. Any other professionals experience this issue. Thanks for any input

Last edited:

JoshLoring

Did you get this figured out?
Typically emptying the trash wouldnt do it unless by some miracle you had created the job from the trash. More then likely the files were moved from the original location and versaworks can not locate them to create the previews. You also technically shouldn't be able to run the job.
Logic One: You created a new job from a file folder and the file no longer exists in that location.
Logic Two: You created the job, and saved it as a versaworks job file- Which even then, requires the reference file from Logic one.

LiquidMagik

Hey Josh,
Thanks for the reply. Haven't figured it out yet. The funny thing is that any new jobs I add to the Queue are still not visible in the layout window. Now, I can see it in the preview window and when I go into the job settings as well, but not in the layout window. Really weird. Also VersaWorks is taking forever to load. Still looking for solution.

Sticky Signs

You can just pop the disc in and do a "repair" rather than install. It will keep all your settings and everything. If that doesn't work, you may have to re-initialise VW. Unfortunately, that will wipe out your settings and profiles. Learned that the hard way. I now keep a folder with all my profiles as a back up in case I ever need to re-initialise again.