• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vertical Banding On Canvas

jddzigns

We're getting vertical banding (bands going up and down) on canvas. The weird thing is it's only happening in highly-saturated cyan areas like the the sky. Here's a pic...

banding.jpg

We're printing on a GS6000 using Colorburst 9.6.1. A tech just replaced the print heads. Nozzle check is perfect. Did head alignment and feed adjust but that didn't help. Media is Fredrix Artisan Semi-Gloss canvas. I'm using a custom profile. This is only happening in highly saturated cyan and blue areas like sky and underwater. Driving me nucking futs! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 130

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A couple of years ago I transported my printer from western Colorado to Denver, a 250 mile trip which involves going over the Rocky Mountains via 10,000 ft. and higher passes. There they replaced the head, dampers, maintenance station, etc. fully resuscitating it. I drove it back to my village via the same route.

For a while it showed the same sort of printing anomaly as your image displays. It was the result of transporting it back over the mountains with the ink cartridges in place. It eventually passed. Apparently it was sort of a micro vapor lock in the lines from exposure to altitude. When I spoke with the folk at the repair depot that did the work they reported that this wasn't the first time this had happened to a greater or lesser degree. They advised to just wait it out, that it would eventually correct itself. Exactly what I did and it did.

Perhaps what with all of the maintenance work you describe a similar situation was created but under different circumstances. If so, my printer shook it off after a brief period involving much wasted media and a lot of cursing. Perhaps yours will as well.