• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vertical Banding on Siser ColorPrint PU with a HP L26500 Latex Printer

BG-SIGN

Hello! I need help with some vertical banding I'm getting on the Siser ColorPrint PU material. We have a HP Designjet L26500 Latex Printer, and we use the Onyx Rip program. I'm not sure if we are using the incorrect color profile (even though we are using the suggested from an HP tech), or if it's something with our printer. The color profile we are using is Chemica Hotmark 1795. I tried turning the vacuum down (pretty much the whole way). I tried increasing the ink output from 8 to 12 to 16 passes (16 being the best), but still getting the bands. Please let me know if anyone can help, or has a solution!

Keep in mind, we do not have the vertical banding when we print on normal vinyl.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ColorPrintPU_LatexPrinter_VerticalBanding.jpg
    ColorPrintPU_LatexPrinter_VerticalBanding.jpg
    939.4 KB · Views: 206
  • ColorPrintPU_LatexPrinter_VerticalBanding2.jpg
    ColorPrintPU_LatexPrinter_VerticalBanding2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Your feed rate is off then if it bands at high pass. That stuff is thin so you need to increase the feed rate.
Looked at the photos just now....looks like your heat settings are too high as well....lots of markings going on there.

KH t's n Signs

For what it's worth. I have a L315 and I use the colorprint PU profile. However, I have the heat turned down considerably. I dry around 170 F. It changes a bit depending on the weather, room isn't 100% controlled. The setting is 16 pass at 120% ink. I left the vacuum where it was set. You could try the chemica 1792 profile too. I use that on some other materials.