• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Line in Print

dj_elite

I experience this line randomly in prints. It happens when Im printing something large usually and happens on random colors. Today Im trying to print a lime green color for some car magnets. I notice when the line happens its always in the same spot. Its a vertical line and it happens at 17.5" from the right side of my platen. Its hard to see in photos, but I have a photo here that I adjusted the contrast a bit to see it a little better. I was thinking an encoder strip problem, but it looks fine and I have cleaned it and it still happens. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• line in print.jpg
    line in print.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 145

wunder

check your pinchroller and control the adjust platen A&B temp..this trouble i have often see by use monomeric vinyl and eco solvent ink. But is right to check the encoder stripe/sensor.....

regards
wunder

dj_elite

There is two lines. The second line is chromatic, the one in the red almost looks like it was faded by the sun, but obviously it wasn't.