Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vertical Line in Print

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dj_elite, Apr 24, 2013.

1. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I experience this line randomly in prints. It happens when Im printing something large usually and happens on random colors. Today Im trying to print a lime green color for some car magnets. I notice when the line happens its always in the same spot. Its a vertical line and it happens at 17.5" from the right side of my platen. Its hard to see in photos, but I have a photo here that I adjusted the contrast a bit to see it a little better. I was thinking an encoder strip problem, but it looks fine and I have cleaned it and it still happens. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i'd say encoder strip, otherwise could be media buckling?

3. wunder

wunder Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Germany/NRW
    check your pinchroller and control the adjust platen A&B temp..this trouble i have often see by use monomeric vinyl and eco solvent ink. But is right to check the encoder stripe/sensor.....

regards
    wunder

4. CRD

CRD Member

Apr 18, 2011
    If I am not mistaken I see two white lines in the green.

Paco

5. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    There is two lines. The second line is chromatic, the one in the red almost looks like it was faded by the sun, but obviously it wasn't.

6. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I actually just double checked the print, you are correct. There is two lines!

7. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    So you guys think its the encoder strip? Where can I get one from? Hard to change?