• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical lines are grainy?

ikarasu

Good afternoon, Back again with another noob question!

Most of the stuff I'm learning as I go, and I can google... and search wonderful sites such as this one, but I think these terms are a bit to broad. It keeps bringing up banding lines... which I don't believe this is.

On my Seiko H2-74s, whenever theres a vertical line, it acts like it's overspraying or something (I don't think thats the cause since its just vertical though). I've messed with all the settings / tests I could find, and it always looks like garbage. It's not really a problem in big lines, or big prints or anything... but when I try to print a smallish decal, and pretty much every single cut mark... I get this. Horizontal for the most part is ok .

Theres 1 bad nozzle in black, and it's been replaced. I don't think it's a head issue - I've tested the media advance value... The PH Mech adjust was just done by a tech, so thats right. I'm out of ideas... Knowing me, it's something stupidly easy I'm just overlooking.

Thanks for reading / any help advice!

Attachments

• vertical.jpg
    vertical.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 179

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like a bad bi-directional alignment to me. I don't have any experience with that printer but that's what it looks like when you don't get the alignments done just right on the printers I work on.

ikarasu

Looks like a bad bi-directional alignment to me. I don't have any experience with that printer but that's what it looks like when you don't get the alignments done just right on the printers I work on.

That was the first thing I tried. Granted I was working here for a week, and never touched a production printer before that when I did it , so i may have done it wrong.

Once this run is done, I'll play around with the indirection settings / alignment once more, see if that fixes it /.. or makes it worst/better.

Thanks

ikarasu

I had some time to play with it. I tried an automatic adjustment (prints a sample, then you enter values, and it'll put the settings into each quality). Also tried a manual adjustment... same thing. going to try printing uni-directional.. if it was a bidirectional issue, thatd fix it, wouldnt it?

Thanks for the help! The bi's were a little off, so I'm sure it needed to be done anyways :D