• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Lines Issue

Sante230

Vertical Lines Issue ** FIXED**

We have a Mutoh 1204 Printer. We just did head slant checks, weve used different profiles, we just can't figure out what the problem is. Its kind of like banding expect for its going vertical. Check out the picture, anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2518[1].jpg
    IMG_2518[1].jpg
    42 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

SolitaryT

No idea, but I'm wondering if it's a file issue and not a printer issue? I'm curious to see the consensus.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I had a customer with the same problem yesterday. Check your encoder strip. Even if it is perfectly clean, is it cloudy? A good encoder strip should look very clear. The spacing and frequency of the banding looks like the encoder is just getting inconsistent data. If all looks good it could be a head or damper issue.

Sante230

No idea, but I'm wondering if it's a file issue and not a printer issue? I'm curious to see the consensus.

I don't think it can be the file itself because it does this with everything we print. Some times it shows more then other times. It might be a Rip issue but I am running the newest version of Flexi.

tsgstl

It could be many things

what wave pattern are you using?
did you try to clean the encoder strip?
you did a slant check... looks good?

For some strange reason Mutohs have a hard time with certain colors. I print out full PMS charts and on certain blues and greens some colors will have vertical lines and a color right next to it will not.

Sante230

I had a customer with the same problem yesterday. Check your encoder strip. Even if it is perfectly clean, is it cloudy? A good encoder strip should look very clear. The spacing and frequency of the banding looks like the encoder is just getting inconsistent data. If all looks good it could be a head or damper issue.

Looking at the strip it does look a little dirty and I wouldn't call it clear by any means. What can I clean that strip with?

Sante230

It could be many things

what wave pattern are you using?
did you try to clean the encoder strip?
you did a slant check... looks good?

For some strange reason Mutohs have a hard time with certain colors. I print out full PMS charts and on certain blues and greens some colors will have vertical lines and a color right next to it will not.

I have tried a few pattern's
Fine and fuze1
Wave2
fine fuze 2

I haven't cleaned the strip yet.
Did the head slant check and adjusted everything. Its dead on.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth or swab. If you can't get the cloudiness out, I would replace the strip. Also, something I didn't think of before, when the head moves back and forth does it make a rattling noise? You may have a bearing problem.

Sante230

SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Cleaned the T-fence and it prints so much better! Even fixed a slight magenta issue I was having. Thank you guys for helping me figure this out. I knew it had to be something easy.