• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very cool tool from Onyx...

Tim Aucoin

Is anyone using the new Onyx Sign and Banner Plugin for Illy?
I just downloaded the 15 day trial yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it!

http://www.onyxgfx.com/index.php?area=products&subarea=signandbanner&src=flashad-hm-sgnbnr-1106-v1

I pop open my PDF file in Illy (in this case, a banner), pop open the plug-in and tell it that I want grommets every 24" plus or minus on all 4 sides, tell it I want them 5/8" in from the side, tell it I want a 1" bleed with the image reflected, expanded or just a solid color along the bleed (for hemming), tell it I want a 3/8" grommet hole size, etc..., then hit OK and poof... the plug-in adds all of my bleed and my printable grommet marks in an instant!

You gotta see it in action to appreciate it. It's very cool. Cost for plug-in after trial is $299. I will be purchasing this for sure, as it's a great time saver. Heck, this recent banner job will pay for it just from the rush charges I'm getting! :Big Laugh:Big Laugh

housemusikid

Is anyone using the new Onyx Sign and Banner Plugin for Illy?
I just downloaded the 15 day trial yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it!

http://www.onyxgfx.com/index.php?area=products&subarea=signandbanner&src=flashad-hm-sgnbnr-1106-v1

I pop open my PDF file in Illy (in this case, a banner), pop open the plug-in and tell it that I want grommets every 24" plus or minus on all 4 sides, tell it I want them 5/8" in from the side, tell it I want a 1" bleed with the image reflected, expanded or just a solid color along the bleed (for hemming), tell it I want a 3/8" grommet hole size, etc..., then hit OK and poof... the plug-in adds all of my bleed and my printable grommet marks in an instant!

You gotta see it in action to appreciate it. It's very cool. Cost for plug-in after trial is $299. I will be purchasing this for sure, as it's a great time saver. Heck, this recent banner job will pay for it just from the rush charges I'm getting! :Big Laugh:Big Laugh

I have been using this for about a week and my production people LOVE it, not to mention me! You can even change the color of the grommet marks to show up on any color!

Well worth the money if it saves measuring and stabilo (blue grease)pencils!

Tim Aucoin

Yep... great tool. Probably just saved me 30 min to 1 hour on the 3 huge banners I just finished up. Very, very slick indeed. AND... if you think "outside the box", imagine all the other uses for this plug-in!! :rolleyes::thumb:

Charlie J

I wonder if there's a way you could set it up to put your company info in the bleed area so its there if the customer wants to re-order.

Also, I have it on mirror mode for the bleed. I wonder if that will look better on mesh banners when you hem it so that it doesn't just look white.

Tim Aucoin

I wonder if there's a way you could set it up to put your company info in the bleed area so its there if the customer wants to re-order.

Also, I have it on mirror mode for the bleed. I wonder if that will look better on mesh banners when you hem it so that it doesn't just look white.

Great questions Charlie! I like your thinking on having re-order info on the bleed. Even if the plug-in doesn't to that, it's easy to set it up as a library item in Illy and just insert it once the plug-in does it's thing. Have two ready... one for white or light background and a reverse for dark backgrounds. :rolleyes:

VitalSignsInc

So how do i get it to work in signlab as i design mostly in signlab with the occasional adobe but mainly sign lab. I know i can load plug ins to sign lab.