• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very durable, UV resistant print vinyls and overlaminates

Thor

Hell All!

I am an engraver and just getting ready to plunge into printing. I want to print industrial CMYK decals and labels. I need a vinyl that will readilly accept a thick, very UV, chemical and abrasion resistant overlaminate.
The print needs to have a minimum 5 years life expectancy. 10 years with little fade is what I really need. Cost of the vinyl, overlam and inks is not an issue. I am after the very highest quality materials with real world, exterior exposure track records. I have done a lot of research and am getting a lot of different opinions regarding printing equipment. Some say go thermal transfer, some ink jet and the latest is that the only way to go is with true solvent based inks and equipment. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated! Thx.

Thor

Correction

My previous salutation was intended to be "Hello All" .... fat, Sunday morning fingers....sorry!

ThinkRight

I have a Summa Thermal DC4sx
From what I know.....
Dependable maintenance free printer , can be shut down for weeks and turned on and print like it did before you shut it down.
If you laminate your prints , 10 years is not out of the question.
I think you should contact Summa and get a sample kit, and ask questions about you specific need .
I am a newbie and my learning curve was very tough for me , but if I can learn , anyone can.
Good luck .

CS-SignSupply-TT

Thor, check out this set up "...At the Primera booth (#351) we will feature the fully digital CX1200 Color Label Press and FX1200 Digital Finishing System. See CX1200 and FX1200 product videos at: www.primeralabel.com/cxfx. Watch a case study at: www.primeralabel.com/RCL. Feel free to email me back directly or contact our sales department at 763-475-6676 to schedule an appointment and receive your free badge to the show. Regards, Carla Schoenberg, Director of Sales, Primera Technology, Inc.

I received this email the other day.