Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very First Image- 20" x 30" at 9000 shts/hr

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by RycckG, Sep 11, 2011.

1. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Very first image off new technology by Kodak... almost 8 weeks of setup so far, but here is the first full image. Printer is 92 ft long and prints 4 color aqueous with aqueous topcoat in line. Print production will begin Oct 1. This was only run as a test print but the running speed was 9000 sheets per hour. The test lasted about 3 minutes... 300 x 600 dpi on corrugated cardboard.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    WOW, Looks Great!

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    so, did you print 450 sheets in those 3 minutes?
    was it spitting out 40 or 50 prints side by side, using the full width on your test?
    Got any youtube videos coming up?

4. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Very very cool. Congrats on getting the machine up an running.

5. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thank you Rick... I will try to get a small video up later today or tomorrow. Today is dedicated to software and color management, but I will get something up this week.

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Big Congrats on your new machine. :thumb:

How does one get a 92' piece of machinery in one's building ??

Must it be completely assembled on-site ??

We were recently looking at a machine 23' long and could not figure out how to negotiate corners to get it from the garage into the building without tearing down a wall. I just can't imagine having to maneuver something that size, let alone probably the weight factor. What's that thing weigh and how does it feed so many substrates at a time ??

It must take some time to do the initial loading and then start printing.

Is this the machine you said would do 10,000 4'x 8' an hour ??​

7. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    VIDEO running 9000 sht/hr

Thank you... The machine came in about 12 pieces, thus the 8 weeks to install. The actual running speed is 400 ft/minute, so the shets/hr are dependent on the size. An 8' sheet would feed vertically thru the printer and would feed at 50 sheets p/minute or 3000 p/hr.

Here is a very quick video prior to shipping. You can see the feed mechanism. The stacker is not shown .. Note that each of the images is different.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT7rUG2BwA

8. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Dude that's some messed up $#@$ !!!!

*faint*

9. skdave

skdave Member

I buy $250,000. in boxes a year Do you want to quote my stuff?

10. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh yea.... would love to... I would love to hear about what you buy. If you are using many versions with color, I am sure we would be a very competitive option. If on the other hand, you are using lots of the same style and graphic, we may not be more competitive than traditional. I would be happy to quote. where are you located? You can email me at f.galiardo@colorstream.us