• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very Important and worth the read...............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Subject: please read this: This starts out like a joke, but its not.

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning,
I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For
whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts
running through my head.But when I got to my destination, I called the
Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police
advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ...gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the
local Police Department where gangs are placing a car-seat by the road...with
a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car-seat is
usually beside a wooded or grassy field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods,
beaten and raped, and usually left for dead.
If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-1-1
AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE
THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE
WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND
BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE
ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO
PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE
UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This
is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL
YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO
AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

dwt

So where has this been happening? Any particular areas to watch or flavor of crooks to be known?

AUTO-FX

i think everyone should have training and a permit. there'd be a lot less crap like this going on.

Rooster

If I see an infant car seat abandoned at the side of the road that looks like it could have a child left in it I'm stopping.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I see too that it's false, but one can never be too cautious.

There have been many lives lost due to things of this nature. Whether its a fake baby car-seat or someone laying in the grass holding a gun faking a broken arm or leg.... these things do indeed happen. This particular e-mail might not be true as far as the origin of it, but the type of stunts being pulled are probably even worse than the two in the e-mail. In our area, gangs and individual gang members are using all kinds of strange tactics to gain entry into homes posing as all kinds of problems or professionals.... and prey mainly on the elderly.

It almost makes the 'Good Samaritan' parable become useless. You can't believe anyone these days.

mark in tx

"There is a gang initiation reported by the
local Police Department where gangs are placing a car-seat by the road...with
a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

So make sure you run it over.

dwt

I would love to have a run in with some gang bangers!

Let me know the next time you're in Orlando, we have quite the variety. Crips, bloods, ms13, latin kings and of course the run of the mill white trash all-stars that you might find just about anywhere.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would love to have a run in with some gang bangers!

Let me know the next time you're in Orlando, we have quite the variety. Crips, bloods, ms13, latin kings and of course the run of the mill white trash all-stars that you might find just about anywhere.

If you have time to stop off in Reading..... bring plenty of extra ammo. We gost tons of 'em. You get extra points if they're between 15 and 22 years old. Of course, many of them don't make it much past 26. They're usually shot a few times by then and retire to another easier city. :rock-n-roll:

Avanti

geez thats a horrible thing to do, being a women i would stop if i saw one by the roadside. It maybe fake but prob gives the little buggers ideas

SignosaurusRex

Yeah, I see too that it's false, but one can never be too cautious.

There have been many lives lost due to things of this nature. Whether its a fake baby car-seat or someone laying in the grass holding a gun faking a broken arm or leg.... these things do indeed happen. This particular e-mail might not be true as far as the origin of it, but the type of stunts being pulled are probably even worse than the two in the e-mail. In our area, gangs and individual gang members are using all kinds of strange tactics to gain entry into homes posing as all kinds of problems or professionals.... and prey mainly on the elderly.

It almost makes the 'Good Samaritan' parable become useless. You can't believe anyone these days.

A few months ago, my buddy was driving to work about 5:30 am on a semi rural road near a well known horseback riding, jogging and bike trail. when he came across a guy with a bicycle, laying on the edge of the roadway......looked like he had possibly been hit by a car or run off the road and needed help. My buddy pulled over, got out of his truck, ran back to help the guy. The guy was already getting up on his own and when my buddy approached, the guy stuck a gun in his face.....robbed him, then took off on the bike down the trail.
I don't think he's all too willing to be a good samaritan anymore.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, S'Rex....

That's why I said the original opening post might be a hoax, but only in origin. These ambushes and cowardly acts are everywhere and we all must be smart and be on the defensive regardless of how innocent the problem might appear initially.

Think before you just go aimlessly into a situation.

I'm always looking around and sizing up escape routes or backup plans. That's something I learned when I was a kid. Too many things can go wrong if you aren't properly prepared. I can give you countless personal encounters.

GypsyGraphics

THANKS GINO!!!! i'd be the perfect sucker to fall for something like this. it's it's a sad fact that we have to start thinking of our own safety first these days... and sure not easy to do with bait like that.

Baz

Wow. Thats an eye opener! I'm glad i learned this. Thanks for sharing Gino. To bad that more and more when you see something distressing you just don't want to stop and help someone out for fear of being robbed, beaten or worse....