• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very large run of 2” round stickers/labels help

Jb1983

So I’ve got a customer that needs over 200,000 2” round stickers.
Basically there’s 3 designs of 60k each and 1 of 30k
I do lots of stickers thru my hp latex print and cut package but usually it’s 100-1000 the most I’ve ever done is 5000 at a time.

I’m strongly considering subbing this out to a wholesale printer and doing them as ROLL labels. One trade partner I’ve used lots in the past for cards and that sort of thing offers roll labels in Paper,Poly, and Bopp. The paper is the cheapest and probably the way I will go, these are labels for packaging and not something that needs outdoor durability.

If I go with paper with gloss lamination will the finished product look similar to gloss vinyl? I’ve got much smaller 1000 quantity runs of the same labels in a bigger size that I was planning on running myself thru my machine on cheap mono vinyl.

Does anyone have any advice on this job or recommendations of a wholesaler? I’d prefer to keep this in Canada.

Thanks

equippaint

Ask the wholesaler if you can order a small run of these labels as a sample batch? Then you'll know exactly what you are getting and no surprises.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
These guys are not Canadian but they managed to get stuff to me here in Guam:
https://www.stouse.com/
They will send samples for approval before they do the run.
I just received 30,000 1 inch round labels printed spot color on gloss vinyl broken down into 500 count rolls. All good stuff.

pinkiss

do you laminate them as well or could they be fine without lamination if used inside on products, as id see this as a step that doubles time needed prior cutting,as massive extra cost in time and quality preparation etc.

questions to ask what you would make if you were to outsource it, as opposed to keeping it in house. can you hire extra staff to work for 10 days or so and help you out.

if theres short deadline then yes outsource, but really if running sign business and clearly someone chose you its stepping stone, to attract more business and grow-expand ?

the number is massive as vinyl,ink, cutter will be running non stop any errors would cost a lot if doing batch of 5-1k in one go and blade starts acting up or wears off, never mind entire printing process to see that every stickers is up to standard.

AF

Farm it out, get samples as mentioned above. Mark it all up $5 since you are only making 1 phone call to a vendor.
:dog42:

ikarasu

You can sub it out but you likely won't get too much proffit if you do. Unless you're super busy and can't afford taking the time to print them, id do it myself. Yes... It's a big job, but may as well keep it in house using the same materials you always do.

You're looking at 10 rolls of material. The question is if you have time to do it yourself, or if it makes sense to outsource.

I'd say 4 days to print it all... Half a day to laminate... And 1-3 days to cut and weed them all,depending on shape. Cutting / weeding and laminating can be done while printing... So realisticly a week worth of work. We regularly do 70,000 misc sized decals every 3 months. We pre print whenever we have downtime, set the cutter to cut 10-20ft at once, hit cut a d that machines now earning/saving money when it normally wouldn't be used. If they don't need them right now.. You could crank them out over 2-3 weeks whenever it's slow.

If they Want them on rolls.. You could set it up to have a quarter inch of space... Make sure your vinyl is wound straight and tight... Then just chopsaw it down the margin.

If you want to outsource...

Stickernut does decent decals in Canada... Not sure on their pricing to wholesalers though.

Are they cmyk or single color? If single color I suggest going thermal. It's quick and will open you up to more vendors. We do hundreds of thousands of Icbc decals monthly... It's quick with thermal and pre cut labels. Don't need overlam and they last for years. Way cheaper than cmyk printing also.

unclebun

If you want to stick with a Canadian printer, get an account with Sinalite. They can do them in any material you want. <begin satire>You'll be able to save your customer a great deal of money if you just charge them for your artwork time and pass on the wholesale cost only...<end satire>

untitled

Check out Factor Forms, they are a trade only printer. They have a branch in Victoria and Vancouver.

Dan360

We would send this to Factor Forms, just got 5000 2" circles in today coincidentally.

While we could do this in house and we have done similar in the past in a pinch, it just makes a lot more sense for us to send it out and have the manpower working on other jobs.

FrankW

Should be easy to do it yourself. If you have a Latex Print & Cut-Bundle, you can do most of that work automatically. To reach maximum accuracy I would keep the single jobs short, in FlexiPRINT and CUT you can repeat single jobs multiple times. And OPOS Barcode will process the cut contours automatically too. To be save with the contour files, I would plot into files and let HP Cutter Control serve them for the cutter ... if printing 3 rolls of labels, and then Flexi crashes and you loose the contour file assigned to the printed barcode ... :mad:

I have created a video clip with suggestions to optimize accuracy with HP-Printers, Flexi and Summa/HP-Cutters ... from 0:35 you will find the instructions how to repeat short jobs.

TomK

Should be easy to do it yourself. If you have a Latex Print & Cut-Bundle, you can do most of that work automatically. To reach maximum accuracy I would keep the single jobs short, in FlexiPRINT and CUT you can repeat single jobs multiple times. And OPOS Barcode will process the cut contours automatically too. To be save with the contour files, I would plot into files and let HP Cutter Control serve them for the cutter ... if printing 3 rolls of labels, and then Flexi crashes and you loose the contour file assigned to the printed barcode ... :mad:

I have created a video clip with suggestions to optimize accuracy with HP-Printers, Flexi and Summa/HP-Cutters ... from 0:35 you will find the instructions how to repeat short jobs.

FrankW awesome video, would be even more awesome if you did one showing how to setup and use the barcode reader with flexi/hp latex/summa!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Yes it's easy to do yourself....but it ties up a plotter for a very long time, and your printer, if you only have one. I'd sub it out even having multiple printers. That's also lots of man hours weeding and slicing to strips if they want them. I estimate over 133 full 54" sheets at 10' long runs (the longest I like to run these so nothing gets skewed or off on the cutting). I can do a whole lot more if someone else is doing that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you can do them for less than 1 cent each go for it - otherwise I'd have someone else weed out 200,000 circles.
I'd get up to 10,000 or so and end up drinking out of my printer's ink waste container.

zsa

Sticker
Oursource it.
You need Flexigraphic tech on this,
They use UV inks, do not need lamination for short therm aplication.
The product price should not be more than 50% of your inkjet costs (vinyl + lamination+ ink)
Smaller runs should be around 1,5 usd/sqm with diecut included